KDHamptons Holiday Weekend Guide: 15 Memorial Day Events You Won't Want To Miss!
The countdown is finally over and Memorial Day Weekend is here! From restaurant openings, to glamorous benefits, to dancing all night at the hottest new club — how do you choose where to go? KDHamptons has the inside scoop of where to be and what to do to make your Memorial Day weekend a memorable one:
FRIDAY MAY 23rd
1. Bay Kitchen Bar Opens With Oyster Happy Hour: Fri, May 23, 4pm; 39 Gann Road, East Hampton. The latest venture from chef/owner Eric Miller (of Food & Co and Miller’s BBQ fame) and co-owner Richard Silver, Bay Kitchen Bar will offer beautiful waterviews, indoor/outdoor seating, and marina access for boaters. Eric Miller will rely on his relationships with local fishermen and baymen to source the best quality ingredients. A series of public special events are in the works for the summer, including clambakes, barbeques and whole animal roasts in Miller’s BBQ smoker. Don’t miss the daily oyster happy hour from 4pm-7pm every day! Visit their website at http://baykitchenbar.com/
2. Hayground School Farmers’ Market: Fri, May 23 from 3-6:30pm; 151 Mitchell Lane, Bridgehampton. Start the weekend off right by stocking up on local products from all over the Hamptons. Over 30 vendors offer a wide variety of healthful, delicious and unique products, from fresh, seasonal produce to cheese, ice cream, handmade soaps, organic olive oil, baked goods and other sweets, flowers, wine, yogurt, pizza from a wood burning oven, and prepared foods. The children of the Hayground School also have their own cart. There is plenty of onsite parking and dogs are welcome! Check out their Facebook page HERE
3. Harlow East Opens in Sag Harbor: Fri May 23, 11:45am- 10:30pm; The Long Wharf at Bay St, Sag Harbor. Richie Notar, known as a Nobu partner, has taken over the former B. Smiths spot on Sag Harbor’s marina and opened an eastern outpost of his midtown restaurant, Harlow. The menu will consist of an extensive oyster bar, lots of fish, classic French bistro dishes, and some American comfort food. Notar also takes advantage of the local produce from Satur Farms and the raw bar is sourced from Gosman’s dock in Montauk. It is open all day, from noon to midnight. For more info call 631.725.5858
4. The 4th Annual Animal Rescue Fund (ARF) Thrift Shop Designer Showhouse and Sale: Sat, May 24 from 5-8pm; 17 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack. ARF is hosting a Thrift Shop Designer Sale, Silent Auction, and Cocktail party on Saturday to benefit the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons. Top Designers John Bjørnen, Suzanne Caldwell, Maria Greenlaw, Byron C. James, Chris Mead, Zoe Hoare, Scott Sanders, and Rod Winterrowd are transforming items at the shop to create an exhibition of vignettes inspired by donation and personal collection. The sale will be open to the public on Sunday and Monday. For ticket info go here: www.arfhamptons.org
5. The Grand Opening of Red Stixs: Fri, May 32 at 5:30pm; 1020 Montauk Highway, Watermill. Join the founders and chefs of Phillipe Chow for the Grand Opening of Red Stix located in the former space of Trata. Red Stixs is a modern upscale dining establishment featuring classic Chinese dishes prepared “Beijing style” by Executive Chef Skinny Mei who spent the last nine years at Philippe restaurant in Midtown Manhattan working under Philippe Chow. The menu includes traditional Chinese plates such as selection of satays, noodles, dumplings, lettuce wraps, and appetizers, poultry, meat, freshly caught seafood, entrees served family style, and restaurant’s signature Peking Duck. For more info visit their website: www.redstixs.com
6. The Return of BLT Steak at CAPRI Southampton: Fri May 23, 5:30pm; 281 County Road 39A, Southampton. This summer, ESquared Hospitality is bringing back BLT Steak, the Modern American Steakhouse, to The Capri in Southampton. In the casual chic atmosphere of a resort bistro, BLT Steak at The Capri offers indoor or outdoor seating on the covered patio. Guests may also dine from the full menu at the restaurant bar or choose from a selection of small plates while enjoying the outdoor bar, lounge areas, or poolside at The Bathing Club during the day. This year, the hotel’s Bathing Club will be home to an après-beach party each Saturday, hosted by pop-up maestro Travis Bass, notable DJs, and surprise guests. For more info go to their website http://caprisouthampton.com/blt_steak
SATURDAY MAY 24th
7. Hamptons Magazine Memorial Day Party at the Southampton Social Club with Heidi Klum: Sat May 24, from 6-8pm; 256 Elm Street, Southampton, NY. Hamptons Magazine will be celebrating their Memorial Day issue at Southampton Social Club with cover star Heidi Klum. The magainze has teamed up with CÎROC Vodka for the private event with entertainment by DJ Chris Bachmann. Invite only.
8. Chrysalis Gallery Memorial Day Opening Art Show: 11 Days In Southampton: Sat, May 24 from 6-9pm; 2 Main Street, Southampton. Chrysalis Gallery hosts their Opening reception of the summer titles “11 Days in Southampton” featuring works by artists Fares Rizk, Judith Visconti-Sumin, and Ron Lesser. Local wines & Hors d’oeuvres will be served. For more information go to www.chrysalisgallery.com
9. The Grand Opening of Finale Night Club in East Hampton: Sat, My 24th, 11pm; 44 Three Mile Harbor Rd, East Hampton. After two summers, it is time to bid farewell to SL East, but the same management company is rebranding the summer hot spot as Finale East Hampton, an outpost of the Manhattan nightclub known as a celebrity favorite. Beginning Memorial Day weekend, Finale East Hampton will be hosting it’s Grand Opening featuring live music by Dalton. For reservations go to: www.emmgrp.com/nightlife/finale-east/
10. An Evening Of Comedy With Paula Poundstone! Sat, May 24 at 8pm; 1 Bay Street, Sag Harbor. Get ready to giggle with Emmy winner Paula Poundstone at the Bay Street Theater this Memorial Weekend. She always sells out so buy tickets now! 631-725-9500 or online at www.baystreet.org.
11. Children’s Museum Of The East End Unveils New Outdoor Miniature Golf Course! Sat, May 24; 376 Bridgehampton Sag Harbor Turnpike. This Saturday, The Children’s Museum of the East End (CMEE) will debut their newest exhibit, an outdoor nine-hole miniature golf course! The course, which is the first exhibit to be completed as part of the Museum’s $2 Million Capital Campaign announced last fall, will be unveiled at an invitation-only event on Saturday from 10:00am – 12:00pm at the Museum (376 Bridgehampton/Sag Harbor Turnpike). At the Grand Opening, CMEE Executive Director Stephen Long, President of the CMEE Board of Trustees Amy Tarr, as well as elected officials, and museum supporters will invite guests to play the course and participate in golf clinics led by Kate Tempesta’s Urban Golf Academy. The course will officially open to the public immediately following the event. To learn more about CMEE, please visit their website at: www.cmee.org
12. Southampton Animal Shelter Wine Tasting Benefit! Sat, May 24 from 5-8pm; 25 Jobs Lane, Southampton. The evening will include music by John Ludlow and Bryan Campbell, wine, hors d’oeurves, and furry friends for adoption of course! Tickets are $40 per person or 2 for $75. For more info go to www.southamptonanimalshelter.com
SUNDAY MAY 25th
13. Georgica’s Memorial Day Charity Dinner for Super Saturday’s Ovarian Cancer Research Fund with DKNY & Hannah Bronfman: Sun, May 25th at 8pm; 108 Stone Rd, Wainscott. Georgica returns for a sixth season in the Hamptons introducing new Executive Chef Greg Grossman, along with Chef Matthew Fisher Redington. They will unveil their entirely new Eclectic-American menu with a global influence, comprised of locally sourced seafood, an indulgent raw bar and innovative sushi prepared by Chef Kazuo Yoshida. Tickets for cocktails at 8pm, three-course dinner at 9pm, and after-party at 11pm are available via GiltCity for $95 per head. The night will feature a guest DJ set by Hannah Bronfman, a live performance by 22-year-old singer-songwriter Lily Lane whose songs are heard on ABC Pretty Little Liars. Along with DKNY gift bags and raffle including tickets to Super Saturday. Get your tickets here: http://www.giltcity.com/newyork/georgicamay14
14. East End Arts’ 17th Annual Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival: Sun, May 25 from 12pm- 5pm; East Main Street, between Roanoke Ave and East St, Riverhead. Join over 5,000 local artists and residents of the East End to celebrate Memorial day with street painting, live music, and face painting for the entire family to enjoy! Eastendarts.org
15. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Private Charity Performance at Surf Lodge: Sun, May 25 at 5pm; 183 Edgemere Street, Montauk. Surf Lodge is partnering with eBay Giving Works to raise money for Montauk Playhouse with a private performance by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros this Sunday, May 25. Doors open at 5 p.m. and tickets are $100 (for tickets click here) for more info go to thesurflodge.com
HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND! SUMMER IS OFFICIALLY HERE… XXOO KDH