NEW KDHamptons Featured Reader Recipe: Pumpkin Quinoa Gluten Free Waffles
KDHamptons reader and fabulous foodie Jennifer Rizzo shares a fantastic new family recipe that we can’t wait to taste! She shares, “When November hits, I become pumpkin obsessed in the kitchen! It’s so healthy, so delicious, and SO good for you! One of my family’s favorite fall breakfast dishes that I make is Pumpkin Waffles. Check out my gluten-free recipe below:”
• 1 cup gf flour, pancake mix or waffle mix [my favorite gf flours from before Cup4Cup, Kinnikinnick Foods]
• 3/4 cup almond/coconut milk cold [I have started using almond/coconut milk recently in breakfast making and love it]
• 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 organic egg
• 1 tbsp coconut oil (liquefy)
• [optional addition] 1 tbsp raw whole grain quinoa – gives a little extra crunch and healthy goodness!
• Take 1 apple and slice it thin. Sauté in 1/2 tsp coconut oil, plate,
then drizzle with natural pure honey, cinnamon and some powdered sugar. We always get our apples from the Milk Pail in Water Mill.
** The waffles are so sweet and delicious with the pumpkin/ coconut mixture that you really don’t even need syrup on them. The honey and cinnamon on the apples are enough.
Jen says, “ I love my Villaware waffle maker from Williams-Sonoma, and I LOVE coconut oil to cook with. The coconut oil spray makes the waffle maker clean up just a little easier! I also add Quinoa whenever I can, the kids do not even realize it’s in there, and a raw tablespoon of quinoa gives a little crunch and so much goodness!”
Happy November! To see more of Jennifer’s recipes and lifestyle tips follow her on twitter or instagram @famfoodfun