White Christmas Sangria Recipe
If you love Sangria in the summer, you’ll love this refreshing version for winter I recently discovered on sheknows.com. You can whip it up in 20 minutes or less, which makes it perfect for a holiday party or just a part of one.
White Christmas sangria recipe: Serves 8
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 3 tart Granny Smith apples
- 1 large orange
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 bottles dry white wine (I used an unoaked chardonnay)
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces ginger ale or club soda
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- To begin, chop the apples into slices, discarding the cores. Place into a large pitcher. Slice the oranges, and add them to the pitcher. (I sliced the orange whole so they would be circular slices for a prettier final product.) Add the whole cranberries and raspberries. Using a spoon, carefully stir so as to not break the raspberries.
- Pour in the wine, white cranberry juice and sugar, and stir to combine. Let the sangria chill for about 30 minutes. When you’re ready to serve, top the pitcher with ginger ale or club soda, and add fresh rosemary to garnish.
A version of this article was originally published in December 2014.