Try This Skinny Pumpkin Pie Recipe
A Hamptons holiday dessert table is never complete without a delicious homemade pumpkin pie, but who needs the extra calories? I recently found this quick & easy recipe using less sugar and a thinner crust on SkinnyTaste.com, and you can’t tell the difference. Enjoy!
* 15 oz canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)*
* 2 tbsp whipped butter, softened
* 3/4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
* 1/2 cup fat free milk
* 1 large egg
* 2 large egg whites
* 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 frozen pie crust sheet, Pillsbury (thawed to room temperature)*
* Preheat oven to 350°F.
* Lightly dust a large cutting board or flat surface with flour. Roll out a room temperature pie crust sheet, so that it becomes thin enough to cut off about 30%, so that your final crust is 5 oz.
* Place into a 9-inch pie dish, cutting off excess dough.
* Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Add butter, and mix well.
* Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
* Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. Bake about 70 to 75 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
* Cut into 10 slices and serve with whipped coconut cream or whipped cream if desired.
*calculated with 5 oz crust.
*canned pumpkin is thicker than homemade, if you make pumpkin puree from scratch and doesn’t seem thick, you could drain it in a colander with paper towels a few hours to soak any excess moisture.
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-pumpkin-pie/#03iHH49JTWkKREDX.99
*recipe & images via skinnytaste.com