Matchmaker Emily Holmes Hahn Shares Top Five Suggestions for Finding Love in the Hamptons
“LastFirst was born from my desire to create a dating service that was truly discreet and upmarket,” shares founder Emily Holmes Hahn. “I wanted to keep the basic model of a matchmaking business, and elevate it to include not only introductions, but also coaching, concierge services, styling, professional headshots, text message decoding and composing- you name it!” The Hamptons single scene can be tough to navigate so we asked the expert to share some pointers with readers, below.
“Honestly, it’s tricky in the Hamptons,” says Emily. “Too many people come out here and it’s impossible to target the right types. If you’re not working with a matchmaker, below are my Top Five Suggestions for Finding Love in the Hamptons.”
- Summer food and wine festivals. I especially love the Friday and Saturday Sunsets at Wolffer’s Wine Stand! Bring a blanket and enjoy live music and mingling.
- Check out the latest pop up shops and boutiques: currently I’m obsessed with Reformation and Club Monaco in East Hampton!
- Hit up Barry’s Bootcamp or SoulCycle, and don’t be afraid to chat people up in the shop while the endorphins are still going!
- The usual Montauk Hotspots: Gurney’s, Surf Lodge, Ruschmeyers! These are the perfect places where everyone is unwinding at the bar, friendly, casual and super social.
- Park yourself at the bar at EMP Summer House in East Hampton. Incredible cocktails and bites, and bonding with like-minded food and wine lovers!
Emily shares, “Life is slower and the settings are ideal for romance out here. But, with this small town coastal vibe comes more space, more privacy, and even less chance for a serendipitous run-in with The One. Year round Hamptonites comprise about 15% of my membership – and in the summer, close to half of LastFirst is back and forth weekly. I’m actually here working from our house in East Hampton almost as much as I work from my office in Manhattan.”