KDHAMPTONS VIDEO: HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT SUMMER BUNBUN IN FIVE MINUTES
Looking for a chic and easy way to take your summer tresses from the beach to a Southampton dinner party? KDHamptons asks our contributing fashion editor, Carly Kenihan, who is so famous for her signature bun that she launched a lifestyle blog called BunBunBook.com! Carly shares, “I’m finally sharing a video tutorial on how to create my Bun as well as sharing my tips to help make your top knot styling easy. I use these Drybar products almost every day and they’re pretty much life changing. You’ll need a few things to create your Hamptons Bun:
- Elastic Band. Go for a thick one, like these rubbers by Goody. You can buy them in black or “blonde” if you want to go more neutral but these colors are fun for Summer.
- Bobby Pins. You’ll need anywhere from 3-5 (sometimes more, depending on how long or thick your hair is ).
- Hair Brush and/or comb. You’ll need these to smoothy pull your hair back and secure it.
- Product. I love Detox by Drybar – it’s the best dry shampoo which is pretty essential in creating the Bun.
- You’ll want your hair a day or two dirty so this product definitely will be useful. Drybar’s Sheriff is firm hold hairspray that you’ll also need to keep your top knot in place (but any strong hairspray will do).
Don’t forget to follow me on my YouTube Channel or on Instagram @bunbunbook xx Carly