KDH Exclusive: Hamptons Hotshot Matchmaker Janis Spindel Shares Where To Find Love This Fall In The Hamptons!
Ready to Fall for love this season in the Hamptons? KDH checked in with an expert to find out where cupid’s arrow is sure to land out East…
Setting up friends began as a fun hobby in 1993 for former fashion exec Janis Spindel, and has now become the full-service Janis Spindel Serious Matchmaking Incorporation in the business of “getting people married.” Janis shares that her success rate speaks for itself: today, she has almost 1000 marriages to her credit and a database of both men and women that runs well into the thousands.
The best-selling author of, Get Serious About Getting Married: 365 Proven Ways to Find Love in Less than a Year and How to Date Men: Dating Secrets From America’s Top Matchmaker. Currently, and is working on a third book. “I specialize in pairing up upscale clientele who are highly successful, well-educated, sophisticated, attractive professionals, including public figures and celebrities…yes, even people in the public eye need help finding the one!”
Janis shares that she has an extensive screening process and meets with men for a simulated date to identify dating behaviors, and most importantly determine who they may be compatible with. She then does an extensive search through her over flowing data base of professional available women to identify who is their perfect match. If no one in her database meets that criterion, she wages a campaign to find Ms. Right!
The matchmaker has appeared on 60 Minutes II, Dr. Phil, The Today Show, The O’Reilly Factor, Fox and Friends and she has been featured numerous times in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times Magazine, Fortune.
“I truly love what I do and often go well beyond the contracted dates to find a client that special someone,” sighs Spindel. “After all, what could be more fun than helping someone fall in love!”
♥♥Need to know where to begin your quest for love in the Hamptons? See some suggestions below from Janis for single East Enders:
- Hey, all you single ladies & men….Print out this cheat sheet from Janis for where to look for love in all the RIGHT places on the East End!
- The American Hotel in Sag Harbor: Have a martini at the bar or in the salon and work your way into a backgammon match with a new friend.
- The Golden Pear: Enjoy Southampton’s favorite café for any meal of the day, with the line usually out the door, you’ll be sure to meet some fantastic people.
- Yoga Shanti in Sag Harbor: I’ve met lots of great men and women here!
- Fly Wheel in East Hampton and Sag Harbor: I’ve met droves of hot people at both establishments.
- The espresso bar at Sant Ambroeus in Southampton is always lined with gorgeous European men and women on weekends around 4pm.
- Late afternoon dog walks on the beach [4:30-6pm]. If you don’t have a dog – borrow one! Try Georgica Beach in East Hampton to meet a mogul and Ditch Plains in Montauk for the hottest surfer boys.
- Wolffer Estate Wine Tasting Parties: Sip chardonnay at the Harvest Party on September 16 & 17 in Bridgehampton.
- The Surf Lodge in Montauk: Take in a live concert, and mingle amongst the East End music crowd.
- Sen at Sag Harbor: Head to the sushi bar alone. I often see handsome single men pop in for sake and sushi by themselves.
- Charity benefits: Donating to a charitable cause can lead to it’s own reward! Check out the Fall Parrish Art Museum Benefit.
**Janis shared one last serious piece of advice to the ladies, “Men in the Hamptons have chosen to live here for a “quieter lifestyle.” They are not hermits, but they have had it with the city and they love lots of trees and green, and space! The Manhattan party girl or social diva is not on their “list” of what they are looking for. Men are very simple, they want the 4 B’s: BEAUTY, brains, body and balance. No matter if men are 27 or 77, then are all the same….superficial and shallow! Sorry ladies I am just the messenger.You must put your best foot forward as it is very competitive in NY. There are 2MM more single women than men in the tri-state area!” [Yikes, KDH is so glad to be married!]
Want to work with this “Cupid in a Chanel Suit?”
Contact: Janis Spindel Serious Matchmaking, Inc.