Bubbly Wine and a Slice of Sunshine at Armin & Judy In Bridgehampton
- Armin & Judy “Queen Margherita” Pizza ($23.00): 96-120 hour fermented dough, organic tomatoes, 24 mos. aged Grana Padano cheese, locally made mozzarella, organic basil
- Paired with Ferrari Rosé NV, Trentodoc (SRP $35.99), a dry, clean and elegant sparkler made of 60% pinot noir and 40% chardonnay with the freshness of wild strawberries and notes of almonds. Available online here.
- Armin & Judy “Bubble Duchess” Pizza ($38.00): 96-120 hour fermented dough made with grated Calvisius Lingotto pressed caviar, locally made mozzarella and créme fraiche, 24 mos. aged Grana Padano cheese, and preserved egg yolk
- Paired with Ferrari Perlé 2013, Trentodoc (SRP $41.99), seductive and elegant on the palate, with a velvety texture and a light note of ripe apples, pleasant hints of yeast and sweet almonds. Made of 100% chardonnay. Available online here.
QUEEN MARGHERITA RECIPE
For “Queen Margherita” Toppings (for 1 pizza) Ingredients:
● 3⁄4 cup organic canned peeled crushed plum tomatoes
● 1⁄2 cup grated fresh Grana Padano aged 24 months
● fresh mozzarella (12 thin slices)
● 4 large leaves of basil (torn into pieces)
● 1 tbsp EVOO
Prep Time: 15 mins
Instructions: A rrange tomatoes on par-baked crust first, then cheese, basil and EVOO on top. Put pizza back into hot oven (470 F). Bake for 6-7 minutes.
For “Bubble Duchess” Toppings (for 1 pizza) Ingredients:
● 1 oz. fresh ricotta
● 1⁄2 cup grated Grana Padano cheese (24 months aged)
● 6 thin slices fresh mozzarella, shredded
● 1 oz E.V.O.O.
● Kosher salt
● Granulated Sugar
● 4 egg yolks
● 1⁄2 lemon
● 1 oz water
● Calvisius Lingotto Pressed Caviar
Prep Time: Approx 3o min prep, 3 hours resting Instructions:
1. Prepare marinated egg yolk and whipped ahead of time and store in ziplock or pastry bag until ready to add it to the pizza (below).
2. Distribute grana padano and mozzarella over par-baked dough.
3. Bake for 2nd time at 470F for 6-7 minutes.
4. When hot pizza comes out of oven, use pastry bag/ziplock with a cut corner to make dots of
whipped ricotta and whipped egg yolk mixture on pie.
5. Finish by generously sprinkling Calvisius Lingotto over the pie (with a microplane, truffle
slicer, or cheese grater)
For the marinated egg yolk: Marinate 4 egg yolks for 3-4 hours in 50/50 kosher salt and granulated sugar (enough to cover the yolks). The yolks will form a firm film on top. Gently rinse the yolks with water in the palm of your hand, dry gently with paper towel, put in a bowl, add juice from 1/2 lemon, whip with hand mixer or whisk until soft and light.
For the whipped ricotta: M ix 1 oz of fresh ricotta, 1 oz water, 1 oz EVOO, emulsify with hand mixer or whisk until smooth