The Best Summer Beach Reads of 2019
What better way to spend a quiet summer afternoon by the pool, on the beach, or before bedtime than being inspired by a new book or author you haven’t read yet? A select group of Hamptons hotels have joined forces with Bedside Reading to encourage readers by offering free books to their guests. How cool is that? Here’s is a little background on this educational program as well as their list of the hottest summer books you will want in your beach bag too.
Bedside Reading Founder and CEO Jane Ubell-Meyer says, “All summer long we look for fun and interesting beach reads, perfect for a lazy day by the pool or beach. We want you to indulge, unplug and lose yourself in a book.”
Bedside Reading is a national program, placing books at 5-star hotels throughout the United States. When guests check into the Hamptons-area partner hotels this summer, they will receive a “Take Me Home!” Bedside Reading Hampton tote bag compliments of Bedside Reading® and the hotel. Jane Ubell-Meyer has been placing books throughout the Hamptons since 2002.
Participating hotels include: 1770 House, Baker House 1650, Baron’s Cove, Mill House Inn, Southampton Inn, The Hedges Inn, The Maidstone Hotel, Topping Rose House, White Fences Water Mill, and Hyatt Place East End. Each hotel receives a tote-bag filled with 5-6 books; books vary by hotel. This summer the program includes books from Fiction, Non-Fiction (and Business), Children’s, YA, Cookbooks, and Wellness books.
Summer 2019 books include:
- Bluff by Jane Stanton Hitchcock
- Crisanta Knight: To Death & Back (The Crisanta Knight Series Book 5) and the eBook: Protagonist Bound both by Geanna Culbertson,
- Eat Happy: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes Made from Real Foods For A Joyful Life
- Fleishman is In Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
- New York As We Know it by Vincent J. Chiappetta
- Sweet Vengeance by Fern Michaels
- Tater Tot at the Chase: A Happy Helper by Laura Holman Byrne
- The Hormone Fix: Burn Fat Naturally, Boost Energy, Sleep Better, and Stop Hot Flashes, the Keto-Green Way by Anna Cabeca, DO, OBGYN, FACO
- Montauk by Nicola Harrison
- The Power of Presence by Joy Thomas Moore
- Whatever It Takes by Jessica Pack.
−by Willa O’Connor