Anders Ruff Plans A 'Glamping Party' For Emily Maynard's Daughter Ricki
KDHamptons is so excited to announce that Maureen Anders and Adria Ruff of Anders Ruff have joined our team as contributing Entertaining & Design editors. Anders Ruff is the BEST on-line shop for unique and chic printable invitations, decor and party accessories which make events so memorable, including: customized party invitations, cupcake toppers, favor tags, thank you notes, banners, and much more. KDH incorporates Anders Ruff ideas and printables in all of our Hamptons events and parties to give them that extra special touch. Maureen and Adria have a star-studded list of celebrity clients that they plan events for, including Emily Maynard, the beautiful blonde star of The Bachelorette whom America fell in love with, and now has her own eponymous lifestyle blog. Here, the design duo share all of the delightful details of the “Glamping Party” they helped Emily throw for her adorable daughter, Ricki.
Planning an upcoming fall birthday party for your little haute Hamptonite? Below, Maureen and Adria share the scoop on how to plan a gorgeous “Glamping Party” that your kids will never forget….just like they did for Emily, and her daughter Ricki. Anders Ruff shares, “Emily was an absolute pleasure to work with and was so helpful to us during the set up. She continually said that she couldn’t wait to see Ricki’s expression, and anxious to show her all the little details of the party that made it so special.”
Okay, now let’s go Glamping! Here’s the Anders Ruff step by step party planning guide:
1. INVITATIONS: Like Emily and Ricki, the first step is to go to the Anders Ruff website to order the Glam Camping party themed invitation to send to your daughter’s closest friends.
2. DRESS UP: Ricki wore custom precious loungewear that is available from Polka Dot Market (custom made by Lila & G). Her hair accessory was from Evelyn’s WhimTwo Lucky Cats who also sent precious felted flower cuffs for Ricki to wear on her wrist [below].
TIP: Most little girls love playing dress up so in this party, all of the girls got to dress as if they were going to glam camp out. They were given totes that included coordinating lounge wear (ruffly pants and tanks), head bands and felt flower bracelets.
3. DECOR: The girls all LOVED the custom tent. What little girl wouldn’t want a tent in her room? Anders Ruff had Made by Morgan sew up a custom tent and Adria’s husband built the frames. The tents were one of Ricki’s favorite parts of the party. Guests were greeted with a tote bag from SookEe Designs, who added custom rosette pins on the bags so the girls could add them to their shirts or as an accessory elsewhere after the party. We tied a printable favor tag onto each of the bags.
The “Camp Ricki” pillowcases were made by Polka Dot Market. They also provided the party ware, straws, cupcake liners, balloons and more. It’s all about the details to set the scene, we included: Yarn, twine, ric rac, chevron print and ruffles throughout the party decor —nothing cuter! Anders Ruff shopped at their local adorable fabric store in Concord, We’re Sew Creative, for the fabulous fabrics used in the tent and pillows. They also made adorable matching pillows for Ricki to keep in her bedroom after the party.
Choosing a color scheme will make the decorations easier to make and buy, but most of will make the party look beautiful. The Anders Ruff glam camping color scheme is: pink, purple and lime. “We wanted to pull in camping and outdoor elements, while keeping it glam & girlie. Who knew camping could be so fabulous?”
Where can you find hot pink kerosene lanterns? You won’t. Anders Ruff painted these kerosene lanterns [below] and used white washed logs and 4x4s to add height and dimension to the table. We mixed in our girlie pink milk glass cake stands and glass domes to soften it up. Yarn, twine, ripped fabric buntings and ruffles were used throughout.
4. FOOD: Drooling over this desert table? These are easy treats to make that kids adore. Of course stick to the glamping theme, no camp out can go without S’MORES! Take it up another notch and make S’MORES cupcakes.
How cute are these chocolate dipped marshmallow flower pops? [above, right].
Printables from Anders Ruff Glam Camping Printable Collection were shown throughout the entire party. From water bottle wrappers to cupcake toppers, to wrapping the mason jars full of snack mix, the printables really make the entire party full of specialty details.
5. ACTIVITIES: No party can be left completely up to the party planners, Emily helped prep the backyard, bringing in an over sized outdoor tent with pink pillows and adorable paper lanterns. She also had a bird house painting station set up, butterfly catchers, and lanterns for all of the girls to decorate.
6. GIFT BAGS: Guests should not leave any party empty handed. Each of Ricki’s friends left with not only a tote full of comfy loungewear but a Camp Ricki canteen made by Clarabelle and the Hen. The girls also received felted flower cuffs from Two Lucky Cats. We love the cute button closure and how each piece was so unique on the girls’ wrists.
* Photography in this feature by Becca Bond Photography