Luxury Lifestyle Guru Lara Shriftman Shares Her TOP TEN Summer Obsessions
KDHamptons contributing editor [and partner of Harrison & Shriftman], Lara Shriftman is always the greatest resource when it comes to new trends, products, and experiences. Here’s a list of her TEN must-haves for Summer 2015:
1. Exclusive new wedge from shoe designer Jean-Michel Cazabat. With a new atelier in Italy, Jean-Michel is expanding his collection starting with his Spring Summer collection which offers this beautiful white and cork espadrille perfect for a Hamptons summer day. The shoe is an exclusive to Intermix and will be available at their East Hampton location at 87 Main St, East Hampton; (631) 907-8025
2. Hand-woven Peruvian cream blankets with black stripe at BLOOM on Madison Street in Sag Harbor, a charming clapboard cottage featuring Swedish cupboards, tabletop, benches, and seaside accessories carefully curated by owner Mona Nerenberg at 43 Madison St, Sag Harbor; (631) 725-5940
3. Hampton Sun SUNless Tanning products: The best high-end self-tanner that you will find in the beach bag of every haute Hamptonite. Available locally at: White’s Apothecary, Hildreths, Second Nature, Gurney’s Montauk and many more. Go to: www.HamptonsSuncare.com
4. Coin is a single credit card sized device that allows you to store the details of up to eight cards on it. You can store credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, loyalty cards or membership cards on it. I love that it is difficult to lose or forget because it uses low-energy Bluetooth technology to stay connected to a smartphone. If the owner drifts too far from Coin, his or her smartphone will alert them. I first saw it when I was at lunch at my favorite insider Miami restaurant, Fifi’s, and Kane Sarhan, founder of Enstitute and CMO of Starwood, pulled it out. I was immediately obsessed when he explained what it was. He is a genius, tech-savvy, young guru, so of course he is one of the first to have it. I wanted to post it on Instagram and did it wrong, so he fixed the post for me. Coin is $100 plus tax, but it is currently only available for pre-order, you must wait until spring 2015 to receive it once you purchase it. This will definitely be my go-to Christmas gift for everyone this year.
5. CLEANSE by LAUREN NAPIER, are new individually packaged luxury facial cleansing wipes created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Napier which gently remove all traces of impurities while treating the skin. This easy to use, on-the-go skin care product is the perfect companion for the Hamptons jet setter. Sliding neatly into an evening clutch, or beach tote, the individually packaged cleansing cloths are an easy yet effective way to maintain your busy lifestyle and maintain a complete skin-care routine from anywhere at anytime. Price: $6-25 available at White’s Apothecary at 81 Main Street, East Hampton.
6. “Share a Coke” is such a genius campaign. It has inspired me to think of similar concepts for Harrison & Shriftman’s many clients. Lucas and I decided to make our own versions online. We made one for his dad and of course for our dog, Lulu Flynn. The personalized bottles are inexpensive and will ship for free if you order six or more. I always like to give personalized gifts because they show thoughtfulness. This has become a big go-to for house warming gifts or thank you gifts.
7. GEE Beauty is a modern, brick and mortar store located in Bal Harbour Shops, and is now available on line. An all-luxury shopping destination celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, owned by Natalie and Celene Gee. They have the absolute best beauty products. My favorite product from GEE’s new line is the tinted moisturizer. For extra coverage, I sometimes mix it with the base. They also have the best brushes. Apart from their GEE Beauty Cosmetics, they carry all of the best products including Oribe hair products, Marvis toothpaste, Clarisonic and Stephanie Johnson makeup bags. You can now buy all of the products they sell in the store on their website. It is also my go-to salon for eyelash dying and the best oxygen facial with Pearl or Rita.
8. Sunbum is my favorite sunscreen and a summer must-have for my son, Lucas. I love all of their products and always have them with me in the car, in the tennis bag, in my beach bag and my purse. I love how the sunscreen smells and the variety of products that they have. They have sunscreens ranging from 15 SPF to 70 SPF in lotion and spray form. They also have lip balm and face sticks made specifically for the sensitive parts of your skin. I used to only be able to find them in the Bahamas at Lyford Cay and then had to order them from Amazon, but recently found out they are sold at Target. You can never have enough of their products.
9. GLAMSQUAD is the best and most convenient on-the-go type of beauty service. They come to your house, office, hotel or where ever you may be and do your hair and makeup at the same time. All of their hair stylists and makeup artists are fast, great, they are never late and make everything easy for you. You book your appointments on their easy-to-use app that stores all of your information so you don’t have to enter it every time. If you are particularly obsessed with one of your stylists, like I was, you can request to have them every time. GLAMSQUAD is currently in New York, LA and Miami and in the Hamptons all summer.
10. My Summer Beach Read: “My Paris Dream” by Kate Betts. I’ve known Kate since I started my career. She has always been a great inspiration and mentor to me from the time that she was an editor at Vogue, and I was lucky enough to work with her while she was the Editor-in-Chief of Harper’s Bazaar. I was able to do some amazing and creative projects with her and Harrison & Shriftman. I cannot wait to read “My Paris Dream,” as I know it is going to be an amazing read. You can buy “My Paris Dream” at Harbor Books at 20 Main Street in Sag Harbor.
More about Lara Shriftman: Luxury, fashion and lifestyle expert Lara Shriftman co-founded Harrison & Shriftman in 1995. The agency specializes in public relations, marketing and events for high-profile luxury brands. In addition to serving as a correspondent for Extra with her own segment, Party Confidential, Lara has authored four books on entertaining: Fete Accompli , Fete Accompli Workbook, Party Confidential and Party Confidential: New Etiquette for Fabulous Entertaining. HS-pr.com www.partyconfidential.net Luluflynn.com, and www.hs-pr.com