Calling all snow princesses! This week KDHamptons fashion intern, model Maya Citron [above], who splits time between Amagansett and Manhattan, opens up her chic & sometimes wild winter closet below to show you how to look HOT when it is sooo COLD outside. She shares:
Hey all you KDHamptonites!
So, we are in the midst of an intense winter season. I want to share some of my personal winter favorites for this crazy Nemo-fied winter! Check out my eight great style tips and shopping suggestions below for how to get my look. My main goal? To stay warm and bundled, but still look chic!
1. My casual weekend look:
I usually throw on my skinny black Rag and Bone jeans [or a funky pair of leggings, like the skulls above!], a yummy Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater, my warm maroon Moncler puffer jacket, and of course, a great pair of boots!
2. When dressing more fancy, wear something edgier.
Try a leather skirt, or maybe a long sleeve Herve Leger dress. And, definitely wear tights!
3. Furry Up! Throw a soft furry wrap over your look to add a dose of glam.
I like to wear this grey woven rabbit fur shawl over a long sleeve t-shirt and Helmut Lang leather leggings.
4. Flannel shirts are my absolute FAVE!
I love how you can either dress them down with a pair of leggings and high tops, or dress them up by simply rolling up the sleeves, throwing on some skinny black pants, and a nice black pump – I’m obsessed with Brian Atwood stillies!
5. Let’s also get something straight here. Uggs ROCK!
They may be big, they may be ugly, and they may be clunky, but they are warm, fun, and fabulous. I wear them all the time in Amagansett especially. If you can work your Uggs, you can work anything!
6. My must-have accessory for all outfits: Oversized Ray Ban Aviators
7. And, one last thing! Don’t forget to wear leopard! Leopard is fun, trendy, and easy!
8. Here are my Top Five Fave Winter Designers: