KDHamptons contributing editor Lara Shriftman always has the scoop on the hottest & best beauty products. “I spend most of my time in Miami, but travel a lot throughout the year,” says Lara. “I’m constantly on the hunt for the best new beauty products for skin, face, body, and hair. Sometimes I find them locally, and sometimes I find them in Boots pharmacy in London. Here are my Top 10 Summer Beauty Must-Haves right now.”
- This formula is clear and light so it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing any sunscreen. Made specifically for people prone to blemishes, rosacea and hyperpigmentation, this formula is a must to prevent breakouts while also protecting your skin. EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Facial Sunscreen (above) is priced at $46.
2. My favorite beauty store in Miami is Gee Beauty. They offer a range of amazing services, including facials, waxing, makeup and mani / pedis. I love the tinted moisturizer and love the tinted primer in the summer. Gee Beauty’s Prime Skin Tinted Power Primer gives natural coverage with a weightless feel. Snag one in-store or online for $56 in three different coverage tones.
3. When your hair feels dry or frizzy, this product seals in moisture and has a great smell. I reach for Oribe’s Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil to keep my locks luscious and healthy all summer long. This oil blends jasmine, sandalwood and edelweiss flower, among other ingredients, to leave your hair smelling great, too. Get your bottle online for $55.
4. Many summer clothing items are sheer. I recommend one of Wacoal’s nude body shapers. The nude one is a great shaper and also acts as a slip to eliminate lines. Wacoal has a great selection online, depending on what you want. From leg shapers to smoothing camisoles, you’re sure to find what anything you need.
5. Keeping your summer glow into fall requires a little work at home. Grab Aromatherapy Associates’s Polishing Body Brush to exfoliate in the shower to keep your skin looking its best. Moisturize afterwards to stay silky smooth.
6. This is an amazing sunscreen that provides amazing coverage and doesn’t look like you’re wearing makeup. With the brush applicator included on the product, you can throw Mineral Fusion’s Brush-On Sun Defense in your beach bag for on-the- go coverage. Buy your Mineral Fusion Mineral SPF 30 Brush-On Sun Defense for $25.
7. I love Abaco Neem, which I found during my visits to the Bahamas. They hand-make all products in the Bahamas using the plant neem, known for its ability to control high blood pressure and diabetes. All of their products are amazing and every time I visit the Bahamas store, I pick up a product… it’s a secret find. I love the soothing Neem Salve, which helps treat dry skin and stretch marks, among other things. (Above) Abaco Neem Neem Salve
8. Use this frankincense, lavender and marjoram spray on your pillow, sheets or wrist to breath in comfort. Bamford Haybarn Spa’s Botanic Pillow Mist is also a great gift to bring someone. Visit the first Bamford Haybarn Spa at the 1 Hotel South Beach to purchase the mist. As the Bamford Haybarn Spa founder Carole Bamford says,”What goes on the body is as important as what we put inside”. (Above) Bamford Haybarn Spa Botanic Pillow Mist
9. I love all of the Juice Press products. They sell a fantastic probiotic, Vegan ProViotic, which is gluten-free and all organic. Probiotics are thought to be great for your digestive health and are usually consumed through foods with active cultures like yogurt. You can also make a drink using your probiotic. Check out the capsules in store or online.
10. I love everything from Oribe Salon. Eliminate frizzy hair with Oribe’s Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray. (Above) Oribe’s Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray, protects my hairstyles all day with this great product. Find it in store or online for $41.